Saturday, October 21, 2006

42 Thumbs Up

for The Departed. You'll have to wait for my movie list to hear more though. The first year I did my list I finished in approximately 13 months (meaning it was already time to start the next one!). The 2nd time I was much more efficient and completed it in 5 months. Now I'm aiming for 3 - so hopefully the end of March. But certainly expect to see early installments by mid January at the latest.

So excited for the good movie season, and this has certainly been a commendable start to it.

3 comments:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Well, I guess I have to ask the obvious question: What does 42 thumbs mean? Did you go with 20 other people and all of you gave it 2 thumbs up? Or is it 42 thumbs up out of a 100 (which would be, I guess, a failing grade)?

This reminds me of the gripe (or rant, if you prefer) I have about people saying that "they're going to give 110% effort." As soon as you go 'over the top' it really makes me wonder if the bar has simply changed. In other words, if you can give 110% (which, to my mind, is impossible) then why can't you give 200%? Or 1000%? So is 110% really an indication that you didn't try very hard? (I know that's not the intent, but words are fun to analzye, I find.)

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

P.S. 42 Thumbs comments notwithstanding, I'm eagerly awaiting your Top Movies list, as I know you watch way more newly released movies than I do, and often rely on your opinion to inform me as to what I might like to rent or buy when they come out on DVD.

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.