Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Don't read this

I love 90210 reruns. They make me want to get up in the morning - I just love them that much. It's obviously not a good show in the typical sense, but it's excellent at what it does. And what I particularly like about it is the realism. Ok, now take a few minutes to laugh and feel free to never read my blog again. Not that you should still be reading this anyways, as I clearly told you not to so you have only yourself to blame.

But really, it portrays the popular scene of high school quite accurately. Case in point: the resident dorky, smart, nice girl that is one of the most loveable characters (Andrea) has a crush on the main guy, Brandon (Jason Priestly, who used to be really cute, who knew). They consider going out once or twice, but for the most part he passes. She moves on, meets someone more like her at college, and eventually marries him in one of the show's later seasons. Most other programs would go with the more obvious, sappy, Hollywood ending.

Anyways, it makes me happy so be quiet.

5 comments:

Jimmy said...

I used to watch 90210 reruns (and Melrose Place) when I was at school. They were on 3 or 4 times a day. I've probably seen every episode.

Some highlights for me:
- early season opening credits with the dramatic 'turn to the camera' poses
- Dylan's reaction to seeing his father's car blow up
- Dylan's reaction to Toni (his wife's) being killed by her dad's hitmen
- Steve Sander's license plate I8A4RE (a blog point if you decipher it)
- The first dramatised intervention
- Brandon's gambling problem
- Brandon's holier than thou attitude

Tammy said...

Um James, did your wife hack into your blogger account or something?

I haven't seen most of those highlights yet, I think I'm on Season 3. Highlights so far:

- How Brandon's playful punch of Dylan synchs with the music in the opening credits
- Emily Valentine's turn for the worse.
- Brenda's bad acting pout
- Donna always in uncomfortable dresses
- After 2 days of hanging out, with Brenda in Paris, Kelly and Dylan meet in Kelly's room - she gives this devious smile and he stands up all serious like, fade to black. LOL.
- Steve's breakdown at the spring dance
- All those girls that Brandon dates for one episode and then forgets about

Tammy said...

Plus all the famous and hilarious guest stars. i.e. Matthew Perry as the tennis star who might want to kill his father.

Jimmy said...

That was hilarious. I remember watching that episode on the same day as the Friends season finale when Ross left on a plane and Rachel just missed him...

And you get a blog point for "I ate a Ferrari". He drives a souped up corvette and I guess it means that it is as fast as (or has the guts of) a ferrari.

Jimmy said...

Just wait until Hillary Swank starts appearing...