Saturday, January 20, 2007

Finally got to see Pan's

tonight with Matt, Mom, and Peter J. It was everything I expected/hoped it would be! More later.

[Edit] But a bit more now (from IMDB trivia):

- Received 22 minutes of applause at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Guillermo Del Toro' is famous for compiling books full of notes and drawings about his ideas before turning them into films, something he regards essential to the process. He left years worth of notes for Pan's Labyrinth in the back of a cab, and thought it was the end of the project. However, the cab driver found them and, realizing their importance, tracked him down and returned them at great personal difficulty and expense. Del Toro was convinced that this was a blessing and it made him ever more determined to complete the film.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice cab story! Somebody was paying it forward and we all benefited from the results (a great movie)

JDK said...

I want to see it but am wary I'll playa-hate it.

And hello? Who DOESN'T compile years of notes about a project before starting? I have documented on my computer over 1 million words of notes and endless longhand notes about awesome things I'm going to make in the future. So I guess I'll have to add that to my eventual IMDb trivia.