Friday, January 26, 2007

Movie Quotes for Blog Points

I give you the quote, you tell me the movie. Points are indicated in brackets. First person to answer correctly gets the points for that question, no duplicates. Hint: most (but not all) are from favorite movies of mine.

1. "One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach: all the damn vampires!" [1 point]

2. "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic." [2 points]

3. "You're a... you're a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don't know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs and you're a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don't know who my mother was; I'm an orphan and I've never done drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant." [2 points]

4. "Now Sid, don't you blame the movies, movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" [1 point]

5. "Why do you have to point out how stupid everyone is all the time?" [3 points]

6. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die." [1 point]

7. "You accuse me once, I put up with it. You accuse me twice... I quit. You pressure me to fear for my life and I will put a fucking bullet in your head as if you were anybody else." [2 points]

8. "Sand is overrated. It's just tiny, little rocks." [3 points]

9. "I think people should mate for life, like pigeons or Catholics." [1 point]

10. "Remember those posters that said, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life?" Well, that's true with every day except one: the day that you die." [2 points]

6 comments:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

1) Lost Boys and it's the grandpa who says it, at the end of the movie, I think.

2) Bull Durham?

6) Princess Bride and Mandy Patinkin

9) Some Woody Allen movie, maybe Manhattan?

cjguerra said...

6) Princess Bride. But it's more like: "Hello. My name is Ingo Montyoa. Joo killed my father - prepare to die."

Since that is the only one I can get, I have to add a quote from the same film: "There's no time - let me sum up."

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

7) I'm going to guess The Departed but I'm not feeling all that confident.

Dan said...

I believe 8 is eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Jimmy said...

4) Sid & Nancy
8) The Beach?

JDK said...

American Beauty for that last one. God I hate that movie.