Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My adventure on Dundas street

I think I might see Happy Feet tomorrow as a matinee. Not that I think it'll make my list for 2006, but it might be fun and it's only $4 and I'm not quite bored yet but almost.

Today was an exciting day, from being woken up at 9am (early for those of us who had been getting up at 1pm), to running around dealing with rent cheques (Dad got his wallet stolen about a month ago, whole kerfuffle with the pre-authorized debit things), lunch with Mom, Dr.'s appointment at 6pm. Speaking of that, apparently all doctors in Ontario have to "night hours" one day a week. I think these run until about 8pm. My guess is that it's for single moms (for instance) who can't get off work during the daylight hours. I felt kind of bad for my old man doctor. At least he's still robust, not feeble.

He convinced me to go in for a phyiscal some time in late January.

So anyways, there was kind of a story here I swear. The combination of these new night hours and the fact that it's about 2 blocks away from my apartment lead to me walking the streets of almost EOA (not quite) after dark. I am not afraid of such things at all, but on the way back there was a slightly sketchy looking young man walking in front of me. I crossed the street (not to get away from him, it was just street crossing time), but shortly after I did I believe he was tackled to the ground by some other men? Being as it was dark, it was hard to tell exactly what had happened. But there was definitely one man on the ground, behind held down by two other men. No one was yelling, and the two standing men seemed to have flashlights which I thought might be a sign of "good guys" ? It didn't really seem like much of a struggle, so I briefly considered phoning the police (while funnily trying to stay out of sight in case I was witnessing some kind of criminal activity) but opted to just walk home instead. Hope my inaction didn't cause any harm.

I'm try and be the type who opts for acting, even though I'm just a girl and not a very big one at that. I just never want to be one of those people who hears someone screaming and does nothing just because they assume someone else will. But in this case, I think inaction was the right choice.

1 comment:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

"All that is required for evil to advance is that good men do nothing."
- Edmund Burke