Thursday, January 04, 2007

Noisy Neighbours

At least 2 boys live next door to me in my apartment building. One works across the street at the Radisson (?) hotel as a bellhop. I know because one time in the elevator he was talking about how he had lent his tie to a hotel patron. Earlier this year (Sept onwards) they'd been fairly noisy, often playing loud music and yelling. The walls are pretty thin here and even though the elevators are between us it seems my bedroom is right next to their living room. I could sometimes even make out the actual words they were saying, if that's any indication.

So around October I ran into the bellhop in the elevator again, and when he saw we were getting off on the same floor, he asked which unit I lived in. He was quite dismayed when I told him, as apparently his group had thought they were neighbourless. He promised they would keep it down in the future, and to just pop over if they were being too loud. And, surprisingly, this has been very true - generally quite quiet over there for the last few months.

Then a few days ago there was some sort of raucous fight between multiple boys around 8am. Lots of swearing, yelling, door slamming, etc. Then one screamed that he had to go to work and it ended. Well, they seem to be having a lot of trouble over there lately, as last night around 3am they got into it again, this time with a girl doing most of the screaming. Luckily I'm a fairly sound sleeper, not easily annoyed, and don't have to get up at any certain time these days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH, sorry about that Tammy! I'm gonna kill that roommate of mine soon!

Unknown said...

Hi ya! Noisy neighbours are annoying as I have a white trash woman living across the way. How are you doing? I'm new at this thing and have no idea how to email people... So, with blogger, Hi.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to get a white noise maker! Noise and Apartment living have always gone together...just too close together and walls are too thin. It's also something that I expect is happening in new subdivisions with houses now being built where you can reach out of your window and toudh the house next door. Too many people!