Wednesday, February 07, 2007

In honor of tonight

Lost is back! Yay. Now here's one of the most interesting interviews with Lindelof and Cuse that I've read all year. They 'answer' some of the typical fan's most burning questions. Of course their responses are mostly just vague hints, so I wouldn't really call this spoilerish. But don't blame me if you disgaree! I really liked all of the responses they gave, especially the one about the skeletons. One thing I didn't like was this soon-to-be-infamous tidbit:

" ... it speaks to an interrelatedness among characters, why these people, why do they all connect. No amount of mythological answers will ever speak to this. That's the one thing that when the show ends, you won't have a causal explanation for why did all these people interconnect. Why some, why not others? The answer is just that they just do."

Hmph! I guess if's not a big deal if this is the only significant mystery that remains unresolved. But, along with other remarks like (paraphrased), "I think the fans put more thought into the mysteries than we do!", shakes my faith a little. As Matt would retort, they've been good so far so I'll trust them. So I'm just a little bit worried.

PS. Sayid's name anagrams to (I didn't come up with this): Y I sad? LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I think the hype is overtaking what they(the writers)had actually thought through!
Still a great show and one of the most intriguing on TV (IMHO).