Sunday, August 05, 2007

Collaborative Blogging and Other Things

- Matt has resurfaced the idea of doing a collective blog on the subject of movies. If you would be willing to participate, let me know.
- Occasionally, rainy days are quite nice. Like today.
- I'm reading a book called "Blindness" by Jose Saramago, on page 20, so it's hard to give a plot synopsis just yet, but basically a man goes completely blind unexpectedly, In retrospect, you probably could have figured that out for yourselves, Anyway, the story is interesting but the author does this very weird thing, he connects about ten thoughts together at a time, via horrible comma splices, But, I guess I'm getting used to it.
- Just got back from seeing the Bourne Ultimatum. Thumbs up. Perhaps more later on another blog!
- Despite very recently returning home from the longest trip of my life to date, I have started to think about what I would like to do on my next trip. My current idea is a big, old fashioned, USA Roadtrip with (hopefully) a couple friends. I would want to go for around 4-6 weeks and possibly see all of the "main" 48 states ... or at least the majority. I would like to see the big cities such as LA and Vegas, but also the millions of little towns with their giant pancakes/balls of string. And of course Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, etc. Current cost estimates are around $3000-$3500 per person, which isn't too bad for a 40 day trip! Potential timing would be summer 2010.
- Finally, wow exciting!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed Blindness, especially the style. Picked up the sequel, Seeing, a few months ago, but so far it's languished on my too-high to-read list.

Don't know if you're a live-theatre sort, but (coincidentally) there are two productions at the current Fringe festival on the subject of blindness, and they're both on tomorrow (August 6, which is the last day of Fringe). They're both high on my (40-shows-and-counting) list: I suspect Eva Blahut's in the dark (#3; The Arts Project at 5pm) would be more your cup of tea (but take note of the content warning). Common Criminal (Wolf Performance Hall at 2:30) is definitely in the top ten as well. There are more than 20 other shows tomorrow at the various venues, too; the schedule is on the Fringe website. (End of blatant promo.)

Anonymous said...

A colleague at work visited the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota, and sent me a postcard that read "Greetings from the twine ball, wish you were here". I still have it. :)

Oh, and regarding collab, I posted/repeated/expanded some of my previous comments on Matt's blog.