Friday, October 13, 2006

Overwhelmed, but not...

I have an unbelievable amount of work to complete from now until the end of the month. Here's a rundown:

Oct 13: Tax assignment due
Oct 24: CFR2 (intermediate accounting) exam ... 8am-12pm
Oct 24: ICFP interim materials due
Oct 25: Tax exam ... 8am-12pm
Oct 27: CFR1 group report due
Oct 31: Athabasca auditing exam ... 6:30-9:30pm
Oct 31: 3 auditing assignments must be submitted

So for tax I am about 1/2 way through the materials I should have read so far, thanks largely to the assignment that was due yesterday which forced me to catch up on a few topics. CFR2 I am at least 8 chapters behind on (we were suppose to read SIX chapters before the course even started, for some ungodly reason). ICFP: my group has been meeting a lot, but we've made very little concrete progress.

In other words, I am just completely swamped. And yet, this is not bothering me or hardly even stressing me out. I am in the ivey library right now, where I will be until 5pm (close) so that I can get through my Athabasca readings and hopefully one assignment. I will also be here tomorrow and probably Monday too. I have plans to go to Toronto on the 28th for a night of Halloween fun with my Deloitte friends.

I guess I just know that I'll get it all done, and it'll all be ok, and even if it's not - hey I still have a job!

In other me-world events, I've been keeping up on my TV watching (the only thing on my PVR at the moment is Six Degrees from Thursday) and, in the order of episode quality, here's what I enjoyed most: Veronica Mars, Lost, and Grey's Anatomy. The last, which I adamently opposed for a very long time, is now unabashedly one of my favorite shows. Yes it's extremely soap opera-ish but sooooo amusing. The characters are likeable, the dialogue is great, and there's never a want for dramatic moments. Oh, Heroes was great this week too. Even The Nine and Studio 60 were good. There sure is a lot of high quality TV being produced these days!

And now for some links...

Did you know that Erica Durance is married? To a bald guy nonetheless? See a picture of the strange couple.

Lost almost loses it's timeslot.

Claire is really short.

1 comment:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

So sad that Lost is bleeding viewers in Season 3, but I suppose it was inevitable considering the number of people who grouse about the show's mysteries not being solved right away. We'll have to see what direction it goes over the remaining First Batch episodes, since that'll determine how eager people are to rejoin it after the big long break.

Keep your chin up with the heavy workload.. you've only got 6 months of academia left to get through!!