Saturday, October 07, 2006

Randoms

- Rewatched the premiere of The Nine which I had dismissed as silly the first time that I read/surfed through it. Much better if you actually pay attention - who knew! Still not sure I'm sold on the premise or the quality of the writing but we shall see.

- Home for Thanksgiving. This hardly seems worth mentioning because the only people likely to read this are the people that actually saw me there, but anyways. I made a pie! And did part of a puzzle, and some homework, and watched some Lost DVD extras and other miscellaneous TV. It was a great weekend; nice to be home.

- I've decided that I dislike Sarah Paulson on Studio 60 as much as Amanda Peet. Can we please get some female lead replacements here?!

- Heroes was great again this week, IMO. Possibly the best episode yet! I'm intrigued to see where pretty much all the subplots go. If there had to be a weak link it would probably be the Ali Larter 'evil twin' character, but even so I'm interested to know what the rules are behind her activation.

- SO much going on the next couple of weeks. Oct 13: Tax Assignment due, and then the week of the 24th two exams and two assignments due. Fun fun! Not to mention the silly Athabasca course I still need to complete by Oct 31st or pay for the extension.

- May possibly take up cooking as a mild to moderate hobby. Buying lots of healthy foods and things that require cooking when I go to the grocery store these days.

- Trying to drink less milk in favor of water these days. I know it's good for your bones (and oh so delicious) but at 200 calories a glass I don't have the room for it! I'm trying to limit my calories to around 1200/day. Plus it's bad for your complexion.

- I read an article in my mom's Women's World that cited drinking water as a legitimate diet in itself. Apparently if you chug a full glass before each meal, you're metabolism automatically speeds up and less calories are turned into fat. Plus it fills you up and so you generally eat around 15% less than you would otherwise. I'm not really trying to diet here or anything, just the more I work out the more it motivates me not to spoil it by eating junk foods.

1 comment:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

"the only people likely to read this are the people that actually saw me there" = LOL!! Does that mean you haven't brought over your entourage from your previous blog site? Grow the fanbase, lady!!

Drinking more water's an excellent health move (I've been starting my workday with a bottle of water for about a year now, and I'm somebody who almost never drinks water the rest of the time) but on the milk front: did you consider just going to Skim milk? I'd hate to see your bones pay the price!

So who's the character on "60" played by the 2nd actress you don't like on that show? I can't place the actress name to a face.