Thursday, January 18, 2007

Control Page Up

A certain little excel command had plagued me for as long as I can remember - how in the heck do you rotate through worksheets without using your mouse? (Similar to Alt-Tabbing your way through open windows). Ivey taught me many cool excel tricks, but I never figured this one out ... until last night! When I stumbled across it completely by chance. I was trying to Ctrl+C something and for some reason was hitting Page Up instead of C (even though they not exactly keyboard neighbours). And low (lo?) and behold, I found myself on a different worksheet.
Anyways this pretty much made my life, so I thought I'd share.

3 comments:

cjguerra said...

Oh. Your. God! That's awesome - I've been searching for that forever.

Welcome to the world of the experimental computer user - hit random key combinations and remember what happens. Much the same as when we were kids "acquiring" flight simulators with no manuals...

Good work!

Dan said...

I really wish I had an excuse to use excel more.

Tammy said...

Glad I could be of some use, for once!