Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Remaining Films and How I Plan on Seeing Them

this is really more for my benefit than for your's, but anyways.

Pan's Labyrinth ~ Peter J. has just informed me that it will be playing at Silver City starting this weekend. Now that I have means and opportunity, I just need someone who wants to see it with me! Anyone? Hello?

Children of Men ~ at Rainbow with Lucas next Tuesday.

Letters from Iwo Jima ~ ??? it's playing in Toronto but no planned showings in London yet. I'm optimistically hoping for the weekend after next.

Half Nelson ~ ziplisted, DVD is released Feb 13th.

Those are the only ones that I think could actually be list contenders, but I'll probably see a few others to round it out (Science of Sleep, Notes on a Scandal, Keeping Mum, etc.). And I think I'll be passing on Dreamgirls. Can we say barf?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re Dreamgirls: I guess you've rethought "Not a bad film in the bunch"? :)

luke said...

half nelson is so good

JDK said...

Ditto for the Half Nelson. Children of Men is also great; a garbage script but amazing everything else. Probably the best production designed/cinematographed film in a while.