Sunday, January 14, 2007

One thing I will NOT miss about London...

the crappy movie selection! Granted, things have been much better for the past few years with the Hyland and Rainbow art series. I have memberships/packs for both, and definitely get my money's worth every year.

But I happened across the listings for the theater near my dad in Toronto (ok I check the TO listings every week just to see what I'm missing):

BLOOD DIAMOND (14A) 12:20 3:40 6:55 10:25

CASNO ROYALE (PG) 11:55 AM 3:05 6:50 10:20

DREIAMGIRLS (PG) 12:35 3:30 6:40 9:50

THE GOOD SHEPHERD (14A) 1:00 4:30 8:15

LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA (14A) 12:00 3:10 6:30 10:05

NOTES ON A SCANDAL (14A) 12:10 2:30 5:00 7:30 10:00

PAN'S LABYRINTH (14A) 12:40 4:00 7:10 10:10

PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER (14A) 12:30 3:50 7:20 10:30


Not a bad film in the bunch! Honestly, this wider range of film selection is probably the BIGGEST thing I am looking forward to with regards to moving to Toronto full time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is that the half of those that are currently showing here are all at the Cineplex theatres and not either of the "art" theatres (except for Blood Diamond, which is at Rainbow and SilverCity). I'm pretty sure two of the others will be here on Friday; regardless, they've all been playing "in selected cities" for a while. Unfortunately, because of its proximity to Toronto, London will never be "selected".

cjguerra said...

But London is the test market for McDonald's, so you can always get the latest sandwich or breakfast goodie here. Does that count???

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

I'd be curious as to whether you'll be considering Perfume... "not a bad film" after you've seen it. Both Roeper and last week's guest critic (A.O. Scott, I think) gave it Thumbs Down, and really ripped it to pieces. I realize Roger Ebert gave it 4 stars, though. Certainly it didn't look very good to me, from the scenes shown on the TV show.

Tammy said...

i was certainly quite turned off by the trailer, and don't really plan on seeing it (or at least, i won't be seeking it out). roger also loved aviator, sometimes he is a bit funny.

Dan said...

This list needs a little more Rocky Balboa :).