Sunday, January 14, 2007

Another question for my comptuer savvy readers

But first, just a sidenote: it's quite beneficial to have a lot of techy people to ask these questions of - thank you!

So, I'm using Outlook for Windows XP ... one of the newer versions (2003, maybe?) and I often use the task list as my personal "To do". However since I switched over to a more recent version (I had been using 2000 for the longest time), I can't seem to figure out how to clear the checked off tasks. Now I have a ridiculously long list of completed tasks dating way back to 2005! It's pretty annoying. I sorted the tasks so that the incomplete ones are listed first, but it's still kind of hard to tell which is which.

Oh and 5 points if you can help me. 10 if you can recommend some kind of better, free, downloadable software that keeps track of tasks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't use Outlook, but there are a couple of suggestions here.

I'm not sure if it's better, but Mozilla Sunbird is definitely free and downloadable. It's in beta, but what isn't these days?

Also, Google Calendar doesn't have a way to manage a task list, but there's a plugin (and a separate web app) that look fairly capable. (Both are also beta.)

Haven't used these myself so I can't actually recommend any of them... no AHs for me. :(

Jimmy said...

Just marking it complete leaves a task on your task list but normally with a line through it.

If you want to remove it there are a couple of ways.

1) right-click on the completed or irrelevant task and choose delete

2) go to the tasks pane, select the 'completed tasks' radio button, press Ctrl-A (to select all), then press 'Delete'

Tammy said...

wow thanks, that was so easy!