Monday, January 29, 2007

Stuff about the 90s

I think the only songs I like from the 90s are Smells Like Teen Spirit, a handful of U2 songs (though, as a collection, it's 1/100th as good as their 80s stuff), and 1979.

There's probably a handful of others I'm forgetting at the moment, but still - what a terrible decade! Thankfully everything else was great.

- Fresh Prince of Bel Air opening credits (I can still do the entire thing)
- Leggings, the first time
- Babysitter Club, Goosebumps
- Saturday morning TV that was actually good
- Side ponytails and scrunchies
- Smurfs
- Power Rangers, Care Bears, Saved by the Bell, 90210, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Ghostwriter, The Secret Life of Alex Mac, Pinky and the Brain, Ninja Turtles
- Talk to the hand
- Slap bracelets
- The Macarena
- Stickers worn on your face as makeup (I swear this wasn't just me)

etc. etc.

3 comments:

luke said...

90s 'modern rock' is so awesome. i get pumped up whenever i put on my 90s mix cd.

also 90s rap was fantastic.

JDK said...

My Bloody Valentine's Loveless in 1992. That was a pretty solid record. And Radiohead had a good decade.

Nickelodeon had a solid lineup. I was totally into The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

Clever people figured out you could do the Macarena to just about every song in a normal time signature and tempo.

cjguerra said...

Couple of things you mentioned were more 80s than 90s:

Smurfs
Care Bears


Saturday afternoon tv was good in the 80s (that's when they played Bugs Bunny on Global). Global always filled their afternoons on Saturdays with good cartoons, although it's been the Simpsons for many years now.

The 90s were good to me - spent most of that time in university! Animainiacs, the Matrix, The Bomber (oops - place not thing).