Saturday, February 03, 2007

Hello again

I went away for a little bit, and now I am back. Did you miss me? I bet you didn't even notice I was gone. Well I missed you, in any case!

Where was I? Well in Kelowna for 2 days, very last minute. My dad has to travel out West on business a few times a year (visiting clients), and usually Trish (his live-in girlfriend) goes with him to keep him company. But she couldn't go this time because she hurt her neck/back/all over and recently quit her job, so not a good time for her to be travelling. Dad said his work had already paid for all of her travelling costs, etc. so I got to go skiing for a couple days and spend some quality time with my dad -- all for a total cost of $5 (lunch at the airport) and only one hour of missed school. Not really something you pass up, even if you already have 2 vacations planned for the next 6 months! Anyways, I don't have any exciting stories to tell but there are a few random anecdotes that are perfect for blogging so expect to hear those soon.

In other news:
- Excited to watch Battle Royale, the movie, sometime this weekend.
- I've gotten into the habit of watching Letterman every night. Usually just the first 20 minutes unless the guest is funny. It's kind of nice to have a pattern and a reliable bedtime. For the last 2 or 3 years I've been pretty all over the place, ranging from 10pm-4am bedtimes. Now I generally turn off the TV at midnight, read for a bit, and lights off at 12:30. It's nice to have a little structure again.
- Almost finished reading the 4th (of 5) installment of the Vinyl Cafe series. This was the only one I hadn't read yet. I really can't get enough! If there were 20 others, I'd read them all ... consecutively ... right now.
- This makes me die inside a little.

1 comment:

JDK said...

That's a horrid picture. Look at that huge forehead!

He is, however, directing an episode or two of The Office. So if you like that show, hooray or something.