Wow, work really does take a toll on one’s blogging output. I can’t even imagine trying to blog and raise a family at the same time! It’s hard enough having juggling it with kitchen cleaning and other household chores.
But I have some downtime at work today (given that I still haven’t been given any actual work yet), so here’s a little update for you.
- Thanksgiving weekend was wonderful. I couldn’t have asked for it to go any better. I must admit I was a little disappointed to learn that my parents were only visiting for one night and my other parents were out of town for the whole weekend. But things worked out well!
- Friday night my parents came down for a visit, arriving at my place around dinner time. We socialized for a bit before embarking on a 4 hour outing to Lee’s Palace. The Family Three, as Matt likes to call us, attended a Magnolia Electric Company concert and enjoyed some beer, yummy pizza, and pretty good music. Matt was able to snap a wonderful picture of my dear little mother and I drinking. My friends are all jealous.
- Saturday night 67% of the family headed back to London on an evening train. Later on, a few Ivey friends came in to visit from Guelph / other various Toronto outskirts. We met up with some other mutual friends at Hemingway’s in Yorkville and had a good time there despite that it was raining on the patio and it totally ruined my hair … We rounded out the night with some traditional Chinese food and a nice little group sleepover at my place.
- Sunday began with breakfast out with the same group of friends, followed by some general house cleaning. Around 5pm I went to a work friend’s apartment on Queens Quay for Thanksgiving dinner. Exhausted from the night before, I slept until dinner was produced and again while waiting for dessert. Nevertheless, there was quite a lot of bonding and good conversations – it was, in fact, the best dinner party I’ve ever attended.
- What I am thankful for: considering the diversity of problems that other people in the world are experiencing right now, I am so incredibly blessed to be: healthy, employed, safe, and in possession of a wonderful support network of family and multiple groups of amazing friends.